Tuesday 25 September 2012

oH My m-A-t-H-S

Entry 22
20 sept 2012
2345


My favorite subject in school

My favorite subject in school is Mathematics. It's my favorite because I never fell difficulty with it and always get good marks in tests. So ever since young,manipulating numbers and figures came easy to me.

The wonderful thing about Mathematics is that, besides some formulae, there is nothing else to remember. Every step in solving a problem is done logically. Other subjects like History and Biology require a lot of memory work. Remembering dates and other facts is hard work compared with the ease and simplicity of mathematical reasoning.

While Mathematics is simple to me, some of my friends have great difficulty with it. I do not really understand why. They get stuck with simple problems and often give up. So I help them out when I can.
The one advantage I have in being good in Mathematics is that I do not have to spend a lot of time on it. Homework and tests are a breeze. So I have plenty of time left over to study other subjects. Sometimes I feel sorry for my less fortunate classmates who get scolded in class for not completing their Mathematics homework.

Anyhow I have come to realize that human beings can be so different in their abilities while they look similar otherwise. Some of us are lucky to be good in some things. Others may not be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment