Tuesday 25 September 2012

**READING...


Entry 20
19 sept 2012
2315
                           My  Hobby


My hobby is reading. I read story books, magazines, newspapers and any kind of material that I find interesting.This hobby got started when I was a little girl. I had always wanted my parents to read fairy tales and other stories to me. Soon they got fed up and tired of having to read to me continually. So as soon as I could, I learned to read. I started with simple ABC books. Soon I could read simple fairy tales and other stories. Now I read just about anything that is available.

Reading enables me to learn about so many things that I would otherwise not know. I learned about how people lived in bygone days of magic and mystery. I learned about the wonders of the world, space travel, human achievements, gigantic whales, tiny viruses and other fascinating things of our world.

Books provide the reader with so much information and facts. They have certainly helped me in my daily life. I am better equipped to cope with living. Otherwise I would go about ignorantly learning things the hard way.
So I continue to read. Besides being more informed about the world, I also spend my time profitably. It is indeed a good hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment